“ All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to
pursue them! “ – Walt Disney
Disneyland, the happiest place on earth. The place where everyone can embrace their inner child and just enjoy the most beautiful and loveliest time ever.
From the memorable childhood music to the big smiles on everybody’s faces. Disneyland is every time a good visit. If you already have experienced a Disneyland, you know what I mean when I say everything is built with such a detail and furthermore with so much love!
One of my points on my bucket list is to visit all Disney parks in the world at least for once! I have already discovered Hong Kong and multiple times the Disneyland in Paris, and my next one will be probably the one in Shanghai.
If you have read my „Top 15 things to do in Paris“ you also noticed that I already recommended everyone to go to Disneyland Paris. Even though I have been a few times to the happiest place on earth now but I still didn’t manage to see it all. If you decide to go then here are my tips and experiences I have made, which I wish I would have known before.
I am going to separate this post in general tips, restaurants and rides and attractions.
- Book a ticket online in advance on the Disneyland homepage. It is cheaper.
- Buy it for both parks, unless you actually know that you just want to see only one park
- Try not to go on the weekend, because it will be incredibly full and crowded! (Besides that, the tickets are also more expensive. So, in the end, you are paying more for doing less because of all the huge queues.
- The best season to go is at the beginning of summer because it’s warm but not too hot or during Christmas season. Then the parks are completely magical!
- Bring a portable charger because YOU WILL NEED IT! For photos, for checking the Disneyland app or simply just for sharing this adorable, cute place on social media. Spread the love!
- Leave the selfie stick at home. It is forbidden anyway.
- If you have the possibility, then stay in one of the Disney hotels and spend there two days. Trust me, the park is so huge, and you won’t see it all in a day even though if you rush through everything
- When you are coming from Paris, take the RER A. It will take about 45 minutes and costs about 7€.
- Be already there when Disneyland opens (opening hours are available on the website)
- Go first to the Disneyland Park and head straight to the castle. Try to take photos in the morning while it is still less crowdy.
- After that leave the park again and go first to Walt Disney Studios Park since this park always closes earlier and have a few rides with the craziest time of queuing.
- When you’re done with the Walt Disney Studios, then head back to the Disneyland Park.
- Most appropriate time is before 2 pm because the last special show (at the moment the 25th anniversary) is performed at around 2 pm.
- Stay until the end of the day for the firework night time show.
Restaurants, Cafés & Banquets:
Since you are currently in a happy, happy world from Micky Mouse, you will find themed restaurants and everywhere sweets and meals in a Micky shape. From Micky Mouse ice cream, cupcakes, cookies over Micky Mouse pizza!
The themed restaurants are divided into waitress service and self-service restaurants. Many of them close at 5 pm so that you have to walk a little bit further to find the next opening restaurant after that time.
For the waitress service restaurants, it is recommended to make a reservation because they are always booked out. The phone number for making a reservation is available on the website. Now the upcoming restaurants are the dos and don’t.
- Auberge de Cendrillon (Disneyland Park)
I have actually never made it to this French cuisine restaurant even though I always wanted to. Auberge de Cendrillon is a Cinderella themed restaurant with a grand banquet hall. The interior is with high stone arches, spectacularly stained glass windows which offer the perfect royal setting. It has just open during lunch time, and you will have a banquet with a three-course menu like a princess. With royalty visits as well of course. The only problem with being Cinderella’s guest? It is always already booked out a few months ago!!! So if you want to have lunch there, you should have to book your Disneyland trip at least three up to six months ago.
- Colonel Hathi’s Pizza Outpost (Disneyland Park)
In my opinion, Italien food is one of the best one in the whole world, and pasta is always a good idea. As I mentioned before, there are also pizzas in a Micky Mouse shape for Kids, which you can find here. Also if you don’t want to spend so much time and money at a restaurant then go to this one. It is a self-service restaurant, and it looks charming in a British colonial style with a beautiful terrace. Colonel Hathi’s Pizza Outpost is also one of the restaurants which open until the park closes. So it is better to go here for dinner instead of lunch.
- Restaurant des Stars (Walt Disney Studios Park)
This one I really do NOT recommend. I actually have no idea how we ended up here, but it was a complete waste of money!
Restaurant des Stars is a buffet restaurant but it actually just looks like a school cafeteria and the food also tasted like school cafeteria food. So, do yourself a favour and avoid this restaurant.
- Café Hyperion (Disneyland Park)
If you love French fries as I do then go to Café Hyperion. It reminds me a little bit of McDonald’s, probably because it is the biggest fast food restaurant in Disneyland, but for not spending too much money at a restaurant this one is good as well. I don’t eat burgers, but they have a black burger here, which shouldn’t be bad. You can also watch a Star Wars show during eating here. Besides, I think this is also the only restaurant where I ever found French fries on Disneyland.
- Blue Lagoon (Disneyland Park)
For all little pirates and adventurer out there, the Blue Lagoon restaurant is picture perfect. The Pirates of the Caribbean themed restaurant is specialised about Mediterranean food. Perfect for me because I love exotic seafood and I also love the Pirates of the Caribbean. I just watched the fifth movie in the cinema a few weeks ago, and I haven’t laughed so much like this during a film for a long time.
For this restaurant, you have to book in advance as well, but it is worth it. I had such an amazing experience at the Blue Lagoon, and the dinner was delicious! Furthermore, you really get the feeling you are dining in the Caribbean because the restaurant is a Lagoon on a fortress from the Pirates of the Caribbean and your mouth-watering dishes are served in an ambience of palms and white sand. It is better to go here for dinner since you have the feeling you are dining under a sky full of stars.
- Bistro Chez Rémy (Walt Disney Studios Park)
Last but not least, Le Bistro Chez Rémy. The French restaurant, which is themed after Disney’s Ratatouille.
I haven’t been to this restaurant either, and Julia and I just discovered it by accident in the Walt Disney Studios Park, but it looks so beautiful.
The next time when I will go back to Disneyland I definitely have to go to this restaurant. I even read that this should be the best restaurant in both parks.
It is probably better to go here for Lunch because the Walt Disney Studio Parks closes earlier as I already mentioned. They serve the delicious French cuisine such as Entrecote, Brie de Meaux and a lot of desserts. Bon appétit!
Attractions & Rides:
Disneyland Park is split into land themed rides and attractions. You have the the „Main Street U.S.A.“ with a lot of souvenir shops and sweets bakeries. Fantasyland with the castle and princesses and fairy tales. Discoveryland, the new future with Star Wars, Frontierland, the home of Toy Story and the Adventureland for all the little Captain Jack Sparrows, Will Turners and Elizabeth Swans out there.
Walt Disney Studios Park is also split into land themes, but it is actually not so big that you will find everything very quickly without knowing the themes.
- My most important advice is to try to see all the shows, parades and especially the firework at the end of the day since these attractions have the significant, meaningful value because you will see all your childhood heroes, princesses and idols.
- For the firework stand in front of the castle and at the end of Main Street U.S.A., and for the parades in front of the princesses‘ stage which is to the right of the castle. There also lovely shows on the stage.
All the information about the parades and shows and at what time they are performed you will find in the show program which you can get at the entry.
- Start with the Hollywood Terror Tower and Nemo’s Crush coaster in the Walt Disney Studios because they always have the longest queues. Latter doesn’t even have the fast past opportunity.
- Fast passes are tickets which you can print out in front of the ride for getting into the fast line which you can enter during a period. That time is printed on your fast ticket. Everyone can get a fast pass. The only disadvantage is that you just have to come back at a certain time and can’t decide by yourself at what point you can get on that ride.
- Big Thunder Mountain, Hyperspace Mountain, Crush Coaster and Rock’n‘ Roller Coaster are the best roller coasters.
- There are also lines for single riders, which mean you can’t drive with your friends, but it isn’t that bad as it sounds. Since you still experience the same fun and can talk about it together afterwards. Julia and I took the single riders line for Ratatouille.
- The Ratatouille ride is a lovely 4D ride through the kitchen of Gusteau’s through the perspective of Rémy, the mouse. It’s worth to ride it at least once.
- If you go into Alice’s curious labyrinth, you will find the castle of the Queens of hearts. Go there on top and just enjoy the breathtaking view over Disneyland Paris.
- Next, to the labyrinth, you will find the ride “ Le Pays de Contes de Fees“. It is a boat tour through a miniature world full of Disney villages from your beloved movies. Oh, I love this ride. It is incredible just to see how they build all these small villages in kind of real life.
- Don’t go too late to the two attractions I just mentioned because they are located in Fantasyland, and many attraction in this area such as the boat tour already closes at 5 pm.
- One of my favourite attractions of my last Disneyland visit was the Animation Academy. You can learn about Walt Disney’s history and furthermore, they teach you how to draw Disney characters and how the movies were made. I was quite surprised myself when I was finished with my Stitch. It doesn’t look that bad, does it?
- For the brave ones out there in Frontierland, you will find the Phantom Manor, which is a haunted mansion. We got really scared in there, but since you’re sitting on the ride you will get amazed by the story behind it…
These were my tips and experiences, which I made in Disneyland Paris. If anyone has tips as well, I would love to know, and just leave them in the comment box below this post. If you liked this post, then please spread the love, and share and pin it.
All in all, I really recommend everyone to go to Disneyland at least for once! It is worth it, and you won’t regret it to visit the happiest place on earth! And always remember:
„If you can dream it, you can do it!“ – Walt Disney
pin it – spread the love! <3